We have selected the top tourist attractions worth visiting and we suggest you to discover the following:
1. The Archaeological Museum of Piraeus with exhibitions of the city’s big history. In its quad is situated the Theatre of Zea, which dates back to the Hellenistic period.
2. The Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, the football base of one of the greatest European teams, Olympiacos of Piraeus. There you can find the team’s Museum.
3. Mikrolimano, one of the most captivating spots of Piraeus with tons of choices of good food and recreation.
4. The freshly renovated Marina Zeas offers plenty spaces of recreation for the crowd as well as parking spots for yachts. There you can find the Hellenic Maritime Museum.
5. The outstanding Piraiki is the most loved destination of the locals. It is ideal for romantic walks or…a ‘’meze’’ by the sea.
6. The big Korai Square with the Town Hall and the famed Ionidios Model High School. Across the street is situated the Municipal Theatre of Piraeus, a symbol of the city’s contemporary history.
7. Kastella, the highest spot of Piraeus offers a breathtaking view of the whole area. There, is situated the Veakio Theater and the Prophet Elias Church.
+1. The famous alleys of Piraeus are full of old manor houses, vintage shops, picturesque cafes and authentic greek taverns.
Among others, Piraeus offers a wide variety of choices as far as beaches are concerned. The places where you can enjoy a good swim are:
1. Votsalakia, a big sandy beach. It is organized and you can get coffee, food and have a lot of fun.
2. Freatida beach, a little oasis in the city, ideal for a good swim and a picnic by the sea.
|MUNICIPALITY OF PIRAEUS
|PORT AUTHORITY OF PIRAEUS
|GENERAL STATE HOSPITAL